Walt Disney Company Internship
A Day in the Life…
Here at DLR a Day in the life of an Enterprise Tech Intern is well, busy, challenging, rewarding and FUN! You work at Disneyland so that’s the biggest plus! Seriously though the last intern we had we immersed in every aspect of the business!
Chosen intern will attend all meetings pertinent to the projects you are working on, you will interact with the entire Enterprise Technology teams (local and ORL) and teams from BNDS, WDP&R, Operations, Hospitality and pretty much each and every BU and related project that we interact with across the entire Disneyland resort here!
- The intern will go on and conduct site walks to take detailed notes on Coverage requirements, expected/confirmed RSSI/SNR, Application/device type performance and use various test equipment to confirm access point function and coverage areas.
- Taking photos for coverage area confirmation and AP locations within a desired area of the resort as part of the overall AP Area design process.
- Work on the controller to confirm AP function, correct AP groups.
- Learning the various RF profiles we use here in order to assist in building the AP groups for attractions and various coverage areas
Additional duties will include:
- Open work orders for various AP installations tasks.
- Building presentation materials for meetings and uploading test results to various repositories, BOX, Teams, One Note etc
- Current undergraduate student or college graduate
- Able to travel to work location at Team Disney in Anaheim
- Passion for and willingness to learn about Enterprise level Wi-Fi/Wireless and the business that support and pay for it!
- Experience with or knowledge of complex networks LAN, WAN, WLAN, MW
- Adapts easy to constant and expected changes (Schedules, Tasks, Workload etc)
- BA/BS with concentration in Telecom/IT Management: 3.0 gpa or better
- EE with focus on RF and/or Telecommunications Engineering: 3.0 gpa or better
- Previous/Some Experience/Knowledge of/with Military RF experience (Army Signal Corps, Air Force, Fire/Police etc.,)
- CCNA, CCWA, CWNA, ACWA, Net+ or related industry recognized WLAN, LAN certifications
- Previous/Some Enterprise level experience as technician and/or Wi-Fi, Cable, or related installer
- Previous/Some Experience/Knowledge of/with Cisco 8510 Controller, 3702, 3802, 1572, 1562 Access Points and related external antennas
- Previous/Some Experience/Knowledge of/with WLAN Access Points and basic RF protocols (802.11g/n/ac)
- Previous/Some Experience/Knowledge of/with WLAN Testing Tools: Netscout OneTouch, AirMagnet, Ekahau, IBWave, Metageek Wi-Spy etc.
How to apply
Submit resume to:
Mark R. Gunn
Disney Enterprise Technology
The Walt Disney Company